Switching to vim
Over the weekend I have decided to make the switch to vim.
I have been meaning to expore vim for a while but since a couple of friends (including @podmedicsed have recently made the switch I thought I would give it a go.
There are a reasons that I decided to make the switch:
- I like procratination and customisation
- Using the terminal is cool
- Everything in one tab
- I like the vim phillosophy
- recently my fingers and wrists have been hurting
- I hate the mouse and trackpad
From my experience this weekend I would recommend:
- following the vimtutor tutorial (just type vimtutor at the terminal)
- watching Derek Wyatt's vimeo tutorials (he's nuts but fun and his videos are a very good introduciton)
- get familiar with the documentation (type :help to get help on a topic)